Under the auspices of the General Secretariat of the Executive Council, a dedicated Department has been established to organise and develop all aspects of excellence in government performance to effectively deliver the aims and objectives of the programme to add sustainable value improvement to the performance of Government operations.
The Abu Dhabi Award for Excellence in Government Performance will provide a major platform in supporting the Vision for Abu Dhabi. The Award promotes: Understanding of the requirements for excellence in government and competitiveness for improvement throughout the government service, sharing of information and knowledge of successful improvement strategies.
ECBPM was requested to undertake an esteemed task of acting as an external mentor, facilitator and advisor for the Abu Dhabi Award for Excellence in Government Performance (ADAEP), which promotes understanding of the requirements for excellence in government and competitiveness for improvement throughout the government service and sharing of information, knowledge of successful improvement strategies. Excellent organisations can only come into being and be sustainable if there are excellent people in that entity and if there are excellent teams and project ethos to drive improvement.
ECBPM was honoured to be selected as a partner to the ADAEP to effectively deliver the aims and objectives of the programme to add sustainable value improvement to the performance of Government operations in cycle 2 (2008-2009) and cycle 3 (2010-2011).
Objectives of the ADAEP:
- To improve the government performance through raising service standards and practices and the promotional excellence principles
- Widely promote best practices in governance through providing a roadmap and criteria for benchmarking locally and internationally
- To encourage and support positive competition and cooperation in the government sector.
- To highlight and emphasise the importance of the strategic planning formulation and efficient and effective execution by all government organisations in Abu Dhabi
- To motivate and recognise excellent performance in government and encourage innovation both at the organisational level as well as the individual level